Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 13-bd0000 (172M7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop (HP ENVY X360 13 i7) is terrible in terms of build quality and came out the box with a software issue that hasn't been resolved even after resetting the laptop. Hinges are bent and completely crooked on both sides and the laptop chassis creaks everytime I move the lid or rest my palms on it. The screen is not fully adhered in some areas meaning that i can press on the display panel and it wiggles in and out of the lid... Highly disappointed. Additonally, the glass surface is not perfectly smooth as ridges are felt when writing over it with the Wacom bamboo ink pen. Every one of these flaws were very apparent as soon as I got the laptop outside of the box. I was highly disappointed since I spent around €1000 on a laptop, only for it to be the worst purchase of my life. Also, the laptop doesn't feel like it is powered by an i7 and sometimes, even typing can be delayed and sluggish across multiple applications.

My next laptop definitely won't be from hp. I already warned my whole family and friend group. Next time, I'm buying from framework as they actually seem to care for their customers.

Also, the time it tried to call for support, the support agent hung up on me 3 times after waiting on hold for ages. I'm honestly getting fed up at this point as i've already had to put up with hp's terrible customer service and terribly designed websites for around a year at this point.

The reason I'm here is to ask how im supposed to get support from the UK when I'm in Malta (I live here). Is it possible to send it to the UK? If so, how? Will I be charged for shipping costs?

How long could the whole process take? Do i need to back up everything on my laptop? Will a repair or a replacement happen (as the device has so many faults)?

Please, I desperately need help with this issue as I am a student with very little money and I religiously depend on my laptop for anything school related.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Thomas Gatt

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ThomasGatt 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

There is naught we can do directly -- we are a peer-to-peer community.

Reference: HP - Global Warranty and FAQs

What else?

Request for Review – Please Read

A request has been submitted to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your question.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is a peer-to-peer user group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support -- We are not associated with HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not guarantee HP will respond nor does our request influence the outcome.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.

Important

• Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
  • Please do not post any personal information in the Community.  We are a public resource.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @ThomasGatt,

Welcome to the HP support community.

Please help us with the laptop serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.