Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion power 17 models

Hello, i just want to ask one question, im thinking about buying the HP pavilon power 17, and so i was looking for the best price for the particular model with gtx 1050ti inside and i found 2 identical laptops, but with different nuber in the end. What doest it mean ?

The difference between HP Pavilion Power 17-ab305nc and ab304nc

304.PNG

305.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did a little more digging, sure that you were right, @iomare, but wanting to understand the position more fully. At the time the Maintenance and Service Guide for that system was written, there were three screen options:

• Full HD, no touch
  • Ultra HD, no touch
  • Full HD, touch

The two "no touch" screen options are listed as UWVA (ultra wide viewing angle), which normally means they are IPS screens.

I suppose it is possible that the more expensive of these two systems has the touch screen, but normally that is a feature that would be very clear in the specifications.

HP fall down sometimes by not making the difference between variants within a model range clear, also it is not always clear exactly what you are buying when you select a system from the HP web site. Other manufacturers' web sites make it much easier to compare the variants within a model line.

I landed up totally confused about the pre-built specifications of the various variants of the ZBook I bought recently. In the end, I realised there was a 'Configured To Order' option, so I was able to order exactly the specification I wanted which I don't believe matched any of the pre-built specifications. However, CTO is not an option on all systems, especially in the consumer ranges (some OMENs are CTO, but most consumer systems are pre-built specifications only), also CTO involves a delay of several weeks between order and delivery.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

17-ab305nc is specified as having an IPS screen. 17-ab304nc does not specify the screen technology used so it will likely be the (much inferior, in my opinion) TN.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe they are the same. Sometimes model numbers depend on the region or date of fabrication. These two models have all the same hardware (so get the cheaper one):

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-17-ab300-notebook-pc/18149533/model/18602111/docume...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-17-ab300-notebook-pc/18149533/model/18602109/docume...

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

@David_J_W

I believe the screens are the same as there are only two options for that series FHD or UHD.

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you 🙂

HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need further help.

All the best,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

I did a little more digging, sure that you were right, @iomare, but wanting to understand the position more fully. At the time the Maintenance and Service Guide for that system was written, there were three screen options:

• Full HD, no touch
  • Ultra HD, no touch
  • Full HD, touch

The two "no touch" screen options are listed as UWVA (ultra wide viewing angle), which normally means they are IPS screens.

I suppose it is possible that the more expensive of these two systems has the touch screen, but normally that is a feature that would be very clear in the specifications.

HP fall down sometimes by not making the difference between variants within a model range clear, also it is not always clear exactly what you are buying when you select a system from the HP web site. Other manufacturers' web sites make it much easier to compare the variants within a model line.

I landed up totally confused about the pre-built specifications of the various variants of the ZBook I bought recently. In the end, I realised there was a 'Configured To Order' option, so I was able to order exactly the specification I wanted which I don't believe matched any of the pre-built specifications. However, CTO is not an option on all systems, especially in the consumer ranges (some OMENs are CTO, but most consumer systems are pre-built specifications only), also CTO involves a delay of several weeks between order and delivery.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.