Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

I hope someone on this board can help me out because this is driving me crazy.  I don't know when things stopped working but sometime in the past few weeks, the physical right click button quit working (as shown in the below picture)

I had the touchpad, physical click buttons, and keyboard replaced under warranty.  It did not help.  I wiped Windows and started over and the right click worked for a short while then stopped.  I spent the entire day troubleshooting and found that if the driver used is PS/2 Compatible Mouse, then the physical right click button works fine.  If the driver is updated and it changes to Synaptics then the physical right click button stops working.  I've tried every driver I could find and this happens with them all (from 850 G2 to 850 G8, even tried Dell and Lenovo branded Synaptics drivers.)  The touchstyck works, the physical left button works, the right button stops working. 

I can still two finger tap on the trackpad and I can click in the lower right corner of the trackpad to perform a right click but the physical button that I use with the touchstyk does nothing.  I've gone into the Windows Store App that gets installed with each version of the driver and change the right button action, none of them work.  If I change the left click action it immediately changes how the physical left button behaves without having to click on apply or okay but the right button does nothing regardless of what is chosen. 

For the time being, I just have it set as a PS/2 Compatible Mouse because I use the touchstyk primarily and being able to right click is necessary.  This does break the advanced features gained with the Synaptics driver though such as controlling how sensitive the touchstyk is.  I'm hoping someone has a solution because I'm at my wits end here.  I'm about to wipe the OS and go back to Windows 10 to see if it's a bug caused with the new OS but I just got all my apps reinstalled after the wipe/restore today.

Also just to note the hardware ID for this device is ACPI\VEN_SYN&DEV_3072 - SYN3072

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.