Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 845G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Getting on bootup 2 laptops now the same There is a problem with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on the unit. Error 0x6001.  What feature in the BIOS do I have to change to get rid of this?  Or is there a repair I have to run?  Both are updated with the latest available update ver1.06.03

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

it could be everything ,  but I guess you can't do nothing ,  like a BIOS error or something wrong with the Security Controller hardware. did you call HP post sales support in your country and opened a support ticket ?

are you able to skip the error and boot windows10 or are you blocked at this point ?

bye

HP Recommended

Same problem with Probook 455 G8.

Clicked on OK, the system reboots and stucked on HP logo with black background and power button led blinking.

Shutted down the system with Power button, powered on, and the system booted normally.........

HP Recommended

Hello

do you use a personalised Windows 10 image , may be using Microsoft SCCM , or HP pre-installed Windows 10 ?

bye

HP Recommended

Using Windows 10 20H2 Microsoft image applied with WDS

HP Recommended

Hello GruppoMOL

I will suggest you to call HP Postsales support, for Italy it's 02-38591308.

How many 455 G8 do you have ? 

Provide the information that you have X quantity of 455 G8 and randomly at boot you get such  HP Endpoint Security Controller Error 0x6001.

Provide at least a serial numer and model number , both written under the unit.

Insist that this kind of issue must be escalated at second level of support, it's useless to replace the motherboard until HP has investigated on this error.

Bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.