Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1040 G8 Notebook PC (1H9X3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My thunderbolt docking station G4 seems has sudden hick ups every once in a while (every 1-2 days - 1-2 times). I have the latest firmware version (1.4.20.0) installed.

All of a sudden, the wired network connection cuts off for a couple of seconds and then restarts. In most cases, unfortunately it's long enough that a video calls get cut.

The display does not flicker.

Anyone else has this problem?
How to resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same problems, plus the display does flicker.  After reconnecting, hardware reset and etc, the problem won't go away.  I found out, it's the cable.

You can test your Thunderbolt connector (the end of the cable connecting to your notebook):

Make sure disconnect any harddrive connected to the dock.

-  slightly and gently touch the cable.  When you touch the cable, you might see your display flickering.

-  Connect and disconnect the cable.  It usually helps as short-term solution.

If the problem persists, you might need a replacement cable.

HP Recommended

HP rolls out firmware version 1.5.22. Let's wait and see if this version fixes the behavior.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.