cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_K_
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Thunderbolt G2 Dock won't output DisplayPort signal from USB-C Thunderbolt ports

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 1040 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new EliteBook 1040 G4 laptop, a Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2, and a DisplayPort-compatible monitor. I'd like to connect the monitor through the Thunderbolt/USB-C ports on the dock, which should be capable of outputting DisplayPort signal (according to the manual and the DP logo next to one of the ports), rather than the DisplayPorts themselves, because I want to use only one cable and quickly switch the monitor between the HP and my MacBook that only has Thunderbolt ports. But the dock's Thunderbolt/USB-C ports are not working for DP output (my monitor outputs the message "No DP Signal from Your Device").

Note that:

- The monitor works fine when using a DP-to-DP cable to the dock's DP ports (so the dock is working and connected properly)

- Monitor also works fine when connected directly to the laptop's Thunderbolt port using a DP-to-Thunderbolt cable, OR with a DP-to-DP cable and DP-to-Thunderbolt adapter (so the cables are working)

- It ONLY doesn't work when connected to the dock's Thunderbolt ports (tried all three of them with the same "no signal" error message on the monitor). Doesn't work with either the DP-to-DP with adapter or DP-to-Thunderbolt cable.

Help appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation