Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G7
Other

Hello, We just received a shipment of HP Probook 450 G7 computers and discovered that the touchpad was not responsive in Win PE 10.  Updating the Win PE driver pack in MDT with sp101480 did not solve the problem.  I'm at a loss to what I could try next, any help would be much appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello

I don't have a Probook 450 G7 but I use WinPE quite often and you don't need to add a driver as it works with MS driver for basic function.

which WinPE version are you using ? could it be so old that doesn't support latest hardware ? what if you connect an USB MOuse ?

Are you sure you didn't accidentally disabled it ?

bye

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick  reply! i didn't accidentally disable the touch pad, it works in BIOS as well as after our image is installed.

HP Recommended

WinPE version 10.1.17763.1 and a USB mouse works fine.

HP Recommended

Hello

unfortunately I don't have any notebook like yours or another with that kind of CPU/chipset.

Could you try if it's a matter of WinPE version using a Windows 10 1903 or 1909 USB key used to install the OS ?

Just boot from USB Key without install, in order to verify if with a newer WinPE version , the touchpad works.

bye

HP Recommended

I have this same issue with a ProBook 440 G7. Clickpad works fine in the full OS, just not in WinPE. Checked the driver in Windows, but there isn't one. Our WinPE is 10.0.18362.1 (1903).

HP Recommended

Thank you! Wish I wasn't alone with this problem, but glad to have a little company anyway.  This has saved me a little futile troubleshooting.  Maybe it will work when the next WinPE is released for v. 2004?

HP Recommended

Hello, 

You are not alone. We just recently received our shipment of G7's for the university. All of the 430G7's have this same issue. None of the previous G's from G2 through the G6 had this issue.  I want to know what HP did different on these computers. 

HP Recommended

Hello

do some of you still have HP Preinstalled windows OS ?

if yes could you please find which are the touchpad driver files , the driver manufature and version and above all the touchpad Hardware ID ?

Thanks

you

HP Recommended

Hi James,

I realized that even though I updated the WINPE drivers in MDT (sp101480), I forgot to update the deployment share after doing so.  Once I did this, the touchpad now works with the G7's.  Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.