Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-15-2022 09:36 AM - last edited on 06-15-2022 11:45 AM by Ric_ob
HP USB-C Dock consistently disconnects from the internet (Ethernet) when laptop is docked, is there any fix for this? I've tried numerous things such as updating drivers of the dock, Laptop BIOS, and everything else I can think of.
The laptop is a g8 850, and a g8 1040,
Please help my entire company is experiencing this issue.
06-15-2022 01:23 PM - edited 06-15-2022 01:47 PM
take a deep breath and sit up straight, we're about to begin.... 😊
First of all, we have to check which component is actually causing the problem.
(1) What is the CAT standard of the network cable ?
(2) Does the network cable work 100% with the notebook (without docking station) ?
(3) Is the docking station on the latest Bios version [22.214.171.124 Rev.A ] ?
(4) Do you use the latest Network Driver for the docking station ?
[ 126.96.36.199 Rev.A ] Windows 10 (64-bit)
(5) Do you use static or dynamic [dhcp] ip address ?
(6) Post your ping reply to your default router here
method 6a) direct network connection without docking station
method 6b) network connection with docking station
[winkey] + r
ping -t yourroutername
ping -t www.google.com
ping -t yourrouterip
[CTRL] + c (to stop it)
(7) How do you connect the notebook with the docking station ?
Please post your results
06-15-2022 01:24 PM
... I've tried numerous things such as updating drivers of the dock, Laptop BIOS, and everything else I can think of.
Please try firmware from the following link
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community