Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G5 16 Gb ram 512 hddt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC HP Elitebook 840 G5. USB cam flickering when attached to HP thunderbolt dock 2. Attached direct to USB port the cam doen't flickr. Dock 2 updated to newest firmware current (sp93495.exe).

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Same issue here.  The Thunderbolt G2 docks do not handle webcam video well at all.  We have around 20 of them and we’ve had to stop using them and connecting webcams direct to laptops.  Annoying.  

HP Recommended

one of the things you can adjust that might help is to disable this setting in the BIOS... it is enabled by default... that has helped some customers

Extended Idle Power States
Disable
*Enable

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with an HP ZBook 17 G5.

The mentioned BIOS Option seems to be not available here, are there some other things i could do?

HP Recommended

The option i mentioned is under Advanced\Power Management Option, then 'Extended Idle Power States' is a check mark

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, I finally found it. 

I have 2 Cameras which had problems, they are now working as intended.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.