Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
Elitebock 850 g5

Hello, I want to install Ubuntu 18.04 on my laptop, but in boot settings my USB is disabled, I can't change it as enabled, what I need to do?IMG_007224.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Are there settings to enable legacy mode and disable secure boot?

If there are, check those, and see if you can then check the legacy USB device to boot from.

HP Recommended

legacy support is enabled and secure boot is disabled
IMG_00751.JPG

HP Recommended

See if uncheking the UEFI boot order box allow you to enable the USB device, and boot it as a legacy device.

There has to be a way to boot from the USB flash drive.

I just don't know what the right steps are to do in your model.

HP Recommended

Thank you, but it's not helped, I don't know what I need to do, there is no information about this model, maybe I will try do it with another USB stick

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry, I wasn't able to help you get the PC to boot from a USB drive.

I agree.  The business notebook service manuals give zero information on the various BIOS settings.

The business desktop service manuals list every BIOS setting, and what it does.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.