Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Very bad performance - sluggish

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CC507LA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Number: 1GR18LA#ABM

Very often the thing drops to almost a stand still. I can be tryping in a browser, or Word Prorcessor, and there can be a several second delay in the characters appearing.

Plugging in an external portal storage device, and the USB channels are bogged down to the point the mouse pointer will stop moving momentarily, and much more slowly.

I have opened the task manager to watch anything spiking such as CPU usage, or memory. Nothing.

Playing video games, and quite often the game will start studdering badly for a few seconds. This can occurr on the newesy games, or ones over ten years of age. Since MS has added a new resource monitor for the GPU, I can watch what the performance is during that studdering of the game. The GPU is usage is actually dropping during those times.

This has been going on since I received the thing. I think  I got a lemon, and had enough of it.

Where do I go from here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,231 45,004 7,267 12,948
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will not get a response from HP here this is a Forum for end user to end user communication. If it is under warranty make a warranty claim. If it were mine I would try a clean install of Windows 10. But you can see if HP will do somethng for you under warranty. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How long have you had it? Where did you buy it? 

0 Kudos
trentcreek
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had it since about mid January. I ordered it online from a local telephone company which sells extra items, then bills it on to your monthly bill in monthly payments.

0 Kudos
trentcreek
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There was a  forced update today. The performance has gotten even worse. I think HP has sold a lemon as there is not even a response from them here.

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will not get a response from HP here this is a Forum for end user to end user communication. If it is under warranty make a warranty claim. If it were mine I would try a clean install of Windows 10. But you can see if HP will do somethng for you under warranty. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
trentcreek
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The cheap people at HP repaired it instead of sending a new one. During manufacturing there was an problem in the cooling. They just added thermal paste

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for your experience but at least its working OK now???

0 Kudos
trentcreek
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it is working out fine, but when still under warranty, and you purchase a 4 digit priced laptop, I would expect them to replace manufacturing defect with another one within a couple of days. Not dig through it for two - three weeks looking for the issue, then sending it back.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation