1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Warranty when buying 2nd hand Laptop from gumtree

HP Recommended
Elitebook
Unknown

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand EliteBook Notebook from Gumtree and the seller doesn't have an invoice/receipt. The Elitebook comes with a 3 years warranty by default and it's a 2018 model.

In case I need, would I need the receipt to use the warranty?

I will check the warranty on the Warranty Checker anyway before buying, but it  doesn't necessarily mean they would provide the service if needed.

Should I be concerned about something else?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,021 9,918 802 3,895
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @VS_2020 

I cannot guarantee it is mandatory, It depends on local regulations but in order to avoid any issues, it is recommended that you do have any sort of document of purchase - either receipt, invoice, etc...

Check the warranty on the HP page

Make sure you perform hardware diagnostics (at least HDD and RAM) tests before you pay (if any chance to test it for about 5-10 minutes) >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation