Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 735 G6 7KN08EA#AK8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Webcam dont work.

Name of camare is "Usb root"  witch sounds like there is something wrong.

I have tried with windows camera and Skype.

Windows is uptodate. Version is 1909

All drivers are uptodate

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

I heard from a friend about such issue , it happened after a windows update. I don't remember the KB number.

Fiinally issue seems to be fixed if you go in Device manager and try to unistalled the devie removing the driver , several times until the device is without any driver , the force driver loading from HP Webcam driver, pointing to the folder where theere is the INF file.

bye

HP Recommended

Hello

check in Device Manager the Hardware ID of your camera.

if it's VID 0BDA PID 5852

you must update tne firmware.

in order to do it download on your PC disk this PDF file and follow the instructions:

https://support.hp.com/wps/hp-skp-portlets/document/manuals/inline/c06644493.pdf

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.