Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-18-2022 07:43 AM - last edited on 04-18-2022 08:45 AM by MarcusC
Webcam driver is missing on my Elitebook 6930p.... I got it driver from a site.. but anytime i want to install it,i get an error message" HP webcam was not found, please plug in the HP webcam and them run installation"
04-18-2022 12:47 PM - edited 04-18-2022 01:09 PM
(1) take a look at the bios settings (ESC/F1 F10 on startup) if the webcam device is enabled.
(2) After loading windows operating system, check the device manager for any webcam related entries and uninstall them, reboot your system.
(3) Go to HP Partsurfer:
Enter your serial there to see what webcam model is possibly installed.
(4) Check HP Support Site for Driver and Software and choose the right webcam driver for the right operating system you're using.
(5) Install the required driver and reboot your system
(6) Check windows device manager and windows settings of webcam and test it...
(7) If you are not lucky 😞 the webcam could be damaged/defective or the electronic wiring and connections of the webcam to the mainbard are not correct/broken/have come loose ... please check additionally
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community