Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ae005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP charger that came with the laptop which I bought just over a year ago is falling apart. Missed the warranty by a matter of days.  HP told me a part number for the replacement which does not exist.  Don't know what wattage 45 or 60 as I have been told both, can someone please help with any recommendations please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Lobworm,

It's a 65W.

Only problem is that on page 20 of the Maintenance and Service Guide, there are two listings for the AC adapter that are identical besides the word "RC." 

They shouldn't be all that different but I did a Google search for both and did find that the second listing seems to have the US/Canada prongs attached to the AC adapter and options for adapters whereas for the first one, you have to separately purchase either the power cord or the duck head adapter, to actually plug in the AC adapter into the wall. Not quite sure, to be honest. 

65-W AC adapter (non-PFC, RC, USB Type-C, 3-pin) 860209-850

65-W AC adapter (non-PFC, USB Type-C, 3-pin) 938800-850

Since it looks like you're from the UK the part numbers you need are duck head adapter 914723-001 or power cord 213351-013. If your existing power cord/duck head adapter is OK, then you should only need to buy a new AC adapter.

You can then use the HP Spare part number(s) in the HP Parts store hereYou may also be able to find it elsewhere on the Internet.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.