Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Tried to upgrade to Windows 10 after being assured by both MS and HP that my laptop was 100% compatible, and I get told that the display is not compatible.  Not sure why there is NO mention of this issue anywhere?  Perhaps I should go back to buying Lenovo as they have decent support/driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sirparkinson

Check the Device Manager.

The document in my previous post explains.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@sirparkinson

Your system:

HP ProBook 6570b Notebook PC

Have you installed the Windows 10 compliant HP Drivers for your computer, including the Chipset?

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Update says they are all up to date.  Where are these compliant drivers?

HP Recommended

@sirparkinson

I offer apologies for the odd wording.

Your system's HP specific Windows 10 Drivers are located in the computer's Website Driver Support page:

HP ProBook 6570b Notebook PC

In the sense that the drivers have been vetted / rewritten / updated for use with Windows 10, the drivers are "Windows 10 compliant".

You have the option to manually download and (re)install drivers.

In the case where a critical driver (network, for example) may need to be updated for Windows 10 -- but the new driver is not rated for your current Operating System, it is recommended that you download (and keep safe) the required driver before you migrate to the new OS.

Example:

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver

For example,  in the Graphics category:

Intel Video Driver and Control Panel

then:

AMD Video Drivers and Control Panel

• Create a Restore Point before you make changes to your computer
  • Read the System Requirements / Releast Notes (and other information) before you install Updates / Drivers

If downloading ahead of time,

Download the Drivers needed to a place on the system -- or a USB stick -- where the download will be safe (survive the migration)

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur

Do you know if the Intel graphics driver will work in Windows 7 (64) as well as I need to install the driver first to  be able to run the update?  Or can I "force" the Win 10 update then install the driver when required?

Kind Regards

Paul

HP Recommended

@sirparkinson

I do not know how to force a migration. 

You either remove the offending drivers (if any) and go with the basics offered by the system without the "extras" -- or you find drivers that are liked both by the OS you are running now and liked by the OS to which you aspire.  I do not know a method to say, "Carry on!" in spite of the Upgrade's refusal to do so.

According to the Release notes, the Intel Video driver is compatible with W10 - not W7.

Same for the AMD driver (in Release notes), driver is compatible with W10...

To be sure, read all the information for yourself, of course....

Honestly, I am not sure what to advise - what I think is right may be spot on... or it may mess up your display.

I will ask for help - hang in there; sometimes there are not many folks around on a late Sunday afternoon.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur

I have updated the graphics driver and in Device Manager it shows as the "new" version.  HP Softpaq however still sees the old version and the updater still fails.  What is strange is in the release notes it says Win 10, but in the driver notes it says win 7/8?

I will, as you suggest, wait until more people are online or call support during the day and see what they suggest.  Other than that I will stick with Win 7.....

Many thanks for your continued help.

Kind Regards

Paul

HP Recommended

Paul,

@sirparkinson wrote:

Hi Dragon-Fur

I have updated the graphics driver and in Device Manager it shows as the "new" version.  HP Softpaq however still sees the old version and the updater still fails.  What is strange is in the release notes it says Win 10, but in the driver notes it says win 7/8?

I will, as you suggest, wait until more people are online or call support during the day and see what they suggest.  Other than that I will stick with Win 7.....

Many thanks for your continued help.

Kind Regards

Paul

Good Idea -- and if the drivers install, then great news, there.

After the driver installation, try a cold boot, that is, shut down the computer and boot from "off" condition.

Perhaps this will engage the new driver(s) without hashing (destroying) the display as it shifts to the new driver.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Create a USB or DVD of Windows 10 iso and do the upgrade with it. 3 options here- personally I find Rufus works well in Windows 7 but Media Creation Tool may do just as well.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-usb-flash-drive-create-install-windows-10-a.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Paul,

Does your notebook support switchable graphics?

Read this How-To:

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Switchable Graphics or Dual GPUs

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.