cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fred256
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Windows+B/V to update BIOS supported with this model?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Ultrabook 15-b005eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

I have a HP Pavilion Ultrabook 15-b005eo which doesn't boot up but the caps lock button slowly blinks twice every few seconds. After some reading it seems to me that the BIOS might be corrupt. I removed the RTC battery and exchanged in some faint hope it would change something, but no. Now im onto trying to reflash the BIOS with a recovery flash drive according to the instructions here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

However, the laptop won't display the HP BIOS Update screen when holding Windows+B. According to the instructions one should try Windows+V if that is the case, but that doesn't work either. Then it says that "[the] computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue". I've removed the HDD and the SSD, that didn't change anything, so I wonder, is the laptop a compatible model for this method?

I'm fairly certain I've done it right. I even tried all USB ports in the hopes that a faulty USB port could be a troublesource or sth.

Hope someone can help me here and thanks in advance. 🙂

Best Greetings,

Fred

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation