Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Face recognition setup problem in my brand new HP EliteBook x360, Product Number: 2TL60ES, Serial Number: 5CG744041L.

In event log I can see this error: 

Faulting application name: BioEnrollmentHost.exe, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x57899b1c
Faulting module name: BioEnrollmentUI.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57899922
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000000021e54
Faulting process id: 0x1bb0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d46aabc540e6ee
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.BioEnrollment_cw5n1h2txyewy\BioEnrollmentHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.BioEnrollment_cw5n1h2txyewy\BioEnrollmentUI.dll
Report Id: 5b2051b9-9d4b-4983-b644-f302770afcfa
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.BioEnrollment_10.0.14393.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

error.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

can youplease provide details on how are you trying to enroll for Face Authentication? is it for Windows Hello where you add a PIN first to your account and then try to setup your face authentication?

also, can you make sure your system is up to date with BIOS and drivers? you can use HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) to obtain the tool - can run from the unpacked folder - to check on your system and then do all needed updates

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi Soccer_dan, 

thank you for reply.

You are correct, I have added PIN and fingerprint as well. Now Windows Hello works fine with fingerprint, but when I want to setup face recognition, it askes tether PIN or fingerprint to make sure it's me, than it fail. 

I have red almost all posts in this forum and not only and tried lot's of things without any results.

HP Recommended

Hi Soccer_dan, 

thank you for reply.

You are correct, I have added PIN and fingerprint as well. Now Windows Hello works fine with fingerprint, but when I want to setup face recognition, it askes tether PIN or fingerprint to make sure it's me, than it fail. 

I have red almost all posts in this forum and not only and tried lot's of things without any results.

My system is fully UP to DATE(including BIOS) and I did it with HP support assistant. Only one small issue is unknown sms/mms device in device manager(pls. look at the attached pic. below). As I understnad it is related to bluetooth, as HP support assistant fail to install Intel bluetooth driver(Win 10 UWD).

dievicvemanager.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.