cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
eggman2112
Level 2
15 10 2 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

ZBOOK 15U G3 W10P 1909 MMC FONT

HP Recommended
ZBOOK 15U G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot figure this out. When entering a IP into microsoft management console, it will only let you enter xx.xx.xx.xx not xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. I tried install OS, updating drivers, changing resolution, disabling hydrid graphics. There is something wrong with the default mmc fonts.

The only thing I installed was chrome and windows admin center.

This is working fine on Server 2016 system. I am going to try another model of laptop to see if I can recreate this but I love my zbook. Can someone else try this or confirm I am not crazy 🙂 Thanks for your time!

W10 MMC FONT.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eggman2112
Author
Level 2
15 10 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried 3 different versions of Windows 10 (1909, 1903, 1809) and 2 different model laptops and a desktop - Same issue - There is something wrong with the fonts in W10 compared to Server 2016... It's working from our domain controller running Server 2016 - no problems. I know they are pushing to do this management from Windows Admin Center but it's still a work in progress and I just didn't see the same options there. Some may say oh just do everything with powershell but that could take me a while to learn and I happen to be an old school GUI lad. Here is screen shot of W10 FCM vs SVR2016 FCM.

So if you face this issue create a VM with Server 2016 and mange from there...

W10 vs SVR2016 Failover Cluster Font Problem.jpg

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
eggman2112
Author
Level 2
15 10 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried 3 different versions of Windows 10 (1909, 1903, 1809) and 2 different model laptops and a desktop - Same issue - There is something wrong with the fonts in W10 compared to Server 2016... It's working from our domain controller running Server 2016 - no problems. I know they are pushing to do this management from Windows Admin Center but it's still a work in progress and I just didn't see the same options there. Some may say oh just do everything with powershell but that could take me a while to learn and I happen to be an old school GUI lad. Here is screen shot of W10 FCM vs SVR2016 FCM.

So if you face this issue create a VM with Server 2016 and mange from there...

W10 vs SVR2016 Failover Cluster Font Problem.jpg

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation