Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Is there a config for the G3 17 Inch?
HP Recommended

I recommended not to change the fan curve/table at lower Steps because low % duty cycle (i.e., <30%) that may damage the fans. 

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

HP Recommended

So I'm wondering if using this utility is ok solution. I might imagine that HP could have set the same parameters themselves instead of alienating customers and forcing them to go to third party software to deal with flows in design.

HP Recommended

Thanks, was awesome, first i try to open try to fix but i didnt get, but whem i sow was so quickly and better than ever thanks

HP Recommended

@ Are you kidding me? Have you heard  the Zbook G3 at 30% fan?

HP Recommended

@xuanguang I can't download the xml file, it says I need to be a member of that site. If it's just an XML file, can you put it up in a github gist? Or pastebin?

HP Recommended

Latest BIOS update to Zbook G3 15 again reenabled ridiculous fan noise

HP Recommended
I slapped ubuntu 17.04 on it and it runs much quieter now - almost tolerable. But man, what a miserable machine this is. Is it possible to underclock this machine?
HP Recommended

I have uploaded it in GitHub,

https://github.com/xuanguang/Software/tree/master/Fan/NotebookFanCtrl/config

Please get it (HP ZBook 15 G3.xml) and try.

This is the file I used for months, and ZBook 15 G3 is very silent, tempreture is always below 50 Celsius degrees, most of the times it is around 30 degrees.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hiya,thanks for the tips. It worked like a charm! I was trying to send back the product.
However,I am a bit concerned .The fan is so quiet I can't hear anything moving.Won't this cause any internal damnage over a period of time? I have the G3 special edition one.

It seems like the fan is not spinning at all.So quiet now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.