Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pavillion X0S49UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the battery has expanded so much the keyboard is raised about 1/4"...some keys have to be hit hard to work... computer is 2 years old... battery started expanding after amount 1 year... gets worse every year.. this is a manufacturing defect that HP should cover.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @dwarrenk, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I am located in Memphis, TN

HP Recommended

@dwarrenk

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

I see you are experiencing issues with the Battery on the HP Pavilion Notebook. It is a hardware issue on the PC. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. HP provides repair or service options for out of warranty product as well. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for out of warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.