Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi i have a elitebook 8730w,on every boot it asks for the bios password,its no big issue as i know the password, I just want it to stop asking for it,any idea how to do it?,its a pita for example i have to enter a pw to tell it if to boot from internal hd or usb etc,its a pain,Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello.

You may have a DriveLock set up. Enter BIOS settings, go to Security and remove the Drivelock Password. (When prompted for new password, just press enter to set no password)

DriveLock settings are accessible only when you enter Computer Setup by turning on (not restarting) the computer.

HP Recommended

The whole point is i know the passwords but find it a pain having to keep entering them,i want to set it up so it doesent ask ok.

HP Recommended

That's why you have to change the password to nothing . Leave the new password entry box blank and just push enter and the password requirement will be gone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.