Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite USB-C Docking Station
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 

I have an HP Probook x360 440 G1, from work.

I am using this to work from home, and thought a docking a station would make life easier, 

so i have brought a  HP Elite USB-c dock G4 as this listed, this laptop as compatable.

However when i plug it in nothing happens!

Does this dock require driver to be installed befor it will work?

should there be some signs of life as soon as i plug it in ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mempsall 

Yes, it needs driver. Please download and install firmware first then install other drivers from the following link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-usb-c-docking-station/17032707/model/20092244

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello BH

So as my laptop is locked down, i cant get to device manager etc

then i wont be able to use this dock at all?

I see there are only drivers for audio and ethernet, neither of which i need.

I just want to use the Display ports and usb port.

Should they not just work?

HP Recommended

Hello

you are right, for USB port the driver is in Windows 10 , for  DisplayPort  and HDMI port , the driver is the Intel Graphics driver.

But the devices must be seen by the OS.

Could it be so "locked" to disable the add new devices despite the drivers are already in the OS ?

you may also try to start "device Manager" running: devmgmt.msc.

I guess the issue is in your OS setting.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.