AndiAirich
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

eGPU support for HP Zbook X2 G4 w/ 32GB RAM 1TB SSD

HP Recommended
HP Zbook X2 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ! I recetly bought an Zbook X2 G4. Is it possilble to connect an eGPU ? I want to be prepared for diving into VR with Oculus Rift. Which GPU would you reccomend ? Thinking about an GeForce 1060 6GB or something. Should not be toooo expensive 🙂 ! Thanx. 

2 REPLIES 2
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,977 2,911 395 1,274
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @AndiAirich,

Yes, the connection should theoretically work considering that your computer sports a Thunderbolt 3 port. 

I currently run a Spectre x360 with an HP OMEN Accelerator (GTX 1070). The OMEN Accelerator is a bit more affordable than the rest of the competition but some consumers may not like its considerable size and black/red accents. Some other options you could consider are the Razer Core X or AKiTiO Node.

Hope that helps,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Please take my advice with a pinch of salt and while I will try my best to help you with my limited knowledge, I may not be able to completely solve your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
xthulu
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AndiAirich did you find a solution?  I would like to add a graphics accelerator to my X2G4 for the same reason.

Harry

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation