Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
elitebook x360 g3 43x96ut#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using an 43x96ut#aba Eltebook x360 g3 with a G2 thunderbolt dock 2uk37aa#aba.  Until recently the user could charge the unit and use the dock at the same time.  Starting Wednesday of last week, when he connected his laptop, it would tell him that the dock is not an original HP and does not have sufficient power to charge and run the computer at the same time.  Another dock came up with same result.  Of course it is an original HP dock and it's a huge charger with 3x the capacity of the original.  Multiple docks provided same result.  have rebooted.  Have applied latest windows updates.  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Before you go any further, update the laptop... Use HP Image Assistant to update the BIOS and drivers, as well as (perhaps) dock firmware

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

This was done after the message first started.  All BIOS and software and windows updates have already been applied.  

HP Recommended

dock firmware as well.  Additionally, another updated dock was attached and the PC threw the same message.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.