Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook x360 1030 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to know if it is safe to remove 

flcdlock.exe

from my laptop in case I'm not meant to.

Its using a high amount of ram and CPU usage so I want to delete it. Is it safe to do so? Ass you can see its higher than google chrome in CPU usage. I know how to delete it in the system file. So please tell me is it safe to do so or will it lock me out of my laptop. Thanks

Screenshot 2020-12-15 155629.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP Device Manager is a component of the HP Client Security Manager and is designed to help secure usb and other ports on the system. If you are not using the functionality, you can certainly remove it from Windows. If you are not using HP CSM you can remove that as well

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP Device Manager is a component of the HP Client Security Manager and is designed to help secure usb and other ports on the system. If you are not using the functionality, you can certainly remove it from Windows. If you are not using HP CSM you can remove that as well

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.