Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 830 G6 Notebook PC

Hello dears,

I am getting so confusing and want a proper knowledge from you guys.

My laptop model 830 g6, x360

Serial: [Personal Information Removed] Product: 8QG22US

I lost chargee, i dont know the specific model for this charger, only i know its 19v 65 watt.

In market i found 3 variation but not the exact one.

Variation is:

19.5v 2.31a 45 watt

18.5v 3.33a 65watt

19.5v 4.62a 90 watt

Which should i go with for long run and not any chance of damaging my device.

Thanks in adavnce.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello.

The nominal voltage for your laptop is 19 volts. Any other voltage may or may not work.

Your laptop model specifications list many different chargers.

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c06355681

Any HP charger with 65W or more power - with the same barrel connector will do. If you opt for 45W adapter it may not be powerful enough to charge the battery while computer is on.

You can also charge the laptop with a USB-C power supply. HP offers these, but nothing prevents from using USB-C power supply from another manufacturer since this is an industry standard. As long as it provides 65W or more power. USB-C power supply is more versatile, it can be used for charging many other devices as well.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Mahadi1993 

Below is the link to the parts list for your notebook.

HP PartSurfer

The two adapters offered for your notebook's product number are:

710412-001
Smart AC power adapter (65 watt) - 4.5mm barrel connector, non-power factor correcting (NPFC) - Requires 3-wire AC power cord with C5 connector (Prohibited to India and China)

710413-001
Smart AC adapter (90 watt) - 4.5mm barrel connector - Requires separate 3-wire AC power cord with C5 connector - For use with models equipped with discrete graphics (in all countries except India and China)

I recommend you do a search by either of those part numbers and find a power adapter that references one of those part numbers.

If you use eBay, you can do a search by the HP part number and find a used but tested and working genuine HP power adapter.

HP Recommended

Dear sir, thanks for your reply, so as per volt is matching with only here with 45 watt and 90 watt in my question, so which would be wise for get the 45 watt one or 90 watt one as per 90 watt adapter have slightly high amp then required where as 45 watt have slightly lower amps then required, which one would be wise?

HP Recommended

Dear sir, thanks for your reply but currently i dont have availble type c charger, as per your knowledge which one i should go with, so as per volt is matching here with 45 watt and 90 watt in my question, so which would be wise for get the 45 watt one or 90 watt one as per 90 watt adapter have slightly high amp then required where as 45 watt have slightly lower amps then required, which one would be wise?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer your question because I would only go with one of the adapters specifically recommended for your notebook according to the parts list.

They are not USB C chargers as you can see from the photos of each charger if you click on the camera icon for each charger on the left side of the parts list.

Pavilion 710412-001 Genuine 65W HP AC Adapter Charger blue tip 19.5V 3.33A | eBay

HP Recommended

Hello.

Your laptop seems to require 65 Watt power supply. A 45 Watt power supply would not be able to both keep your computer on and charge the battery at the same time, so select a power supply with a rating of 65W or more.

A 90 Watt power supply will work but it will not give any benefit over a 65 Watt model. The more powerful a power supply is, the more expensive and physically larger they usually are.

Your laptop can also be charged with any USB-C charger that provides 20V and 65 Watts. HP sells these as do many others.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.