Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-ae051sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My mouse keeps freezing, I have checked if the drivers are up to date which they are. this has only happened after a couple days of getting my laptop fixed from hp. The only way to get mouse working is to either shut down the laptop or go into the settings menu (Additional Mouse Options Menu) and reset the device (mouse) then it starts to work for a while and stops again. happens quite a lot during the day, need a long term fix if possible?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@henit112

I reviewed your post and I understand that the mouse keeps freezing.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you checked with an external mouse? Do you face the same issue with an external mouse?

Meanwhile, I recommend you uninstall the touchpad driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93432.exe

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article and perform a test on the touchpad to make sure whether it is a hardware or a software related issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

does not freeze with external mouse, i have uninstalled the touchpad drivers also for some reason start menu pops up as well time to time

HP Recommended

@henit112

Did you test the computer after reinstalling the driver? Is the issue resolved?

If the issue persists, then perform a system restore back to the date when the computer was working fine.

Refer to the below link for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

still doesnt work, Ive tried resetting the whole laptop and nothing ever since ive had it back from hp repair its been doing it

HP Recommended

@henit112

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.