rscaboy75
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

keyboard and touchpad work in bios, not working in windows

HP Recommended
Probook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,On my HP Probook 650 G1 the keyboard and touchpad work perfect in bios but when I boot Windows 10 nor the keyboard nor the touchpad are working. With an external mouse and keyboard there is no problem. In the Device management there is in the USB device section an "unknown usb device (request for descriptor failed)". Reinstallation of Windows is not the solution as I tried it 2 times. Bios is upgraded to the latest version. Does anyone has a solution ? Thanks !! 

2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 1,195 74 153
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would start by trying to update the system's drivers with HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement)... i can see many drivers for this model and Windows 10/1803, for example, available... when selecting the 'Get Drivers' tab and choosing your model and O/S

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
rscaboy75
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already updated all the drivers but still no working keyboard and no touchpad

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation