Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

keyboard inputs delay

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-db0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey, so for some strange reason, recently my laptop started having delays with keyboard input on seemingly random times. how could this be? how can I fix this?

(sorry if the board I chose was not good/correct I didn't see a better choice)

2 REPLIES 2
Level 5
193 193 13 11
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try to see if the following steps are effective

1. Hold down the keyboard win+R key to call up the run box, and enter 'regedit' in the run box to call up the registry editor, as shown in the figure below. 2. Find the HKEY_CURRENT_USER option in the registry edit page, click on the option to enter the next page 3. Find the Control Panel option in the new pop-up page, click on the option to enter the next page 4. Find the Keyboard option in the newly pop-up page, click on the option to enter the next page 5. Modify the keyboarddelay on the newly pop-up page. The smaller the number, the smaller the delay. Modify keyboardspeed. The larger the number, the faster the speed. Just modify the number to the value you want.

0 Kudos
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the reply but, I didnt really understand what you want me to do, I got that you want me to open the registry and that's basically it. Could you send a more simplified version and the location you want me to go to in the registry?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation