Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 640 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I m facing an issue with 640 G1 laptops ,   keyboard being entered multiple letters

ie,   the following keys are entering along with the other key same time.

pressing key                                           what I m getting in screen

w                                                                  xw

x                                                                   xw

e                                                                   ce

c                                                                   ce

i                                                                    ,i

,                                                                    ,i

o                                                                   .o

.                                                                    .o

I have tried by replacing keyboard,  updating bios,  re installing windows,  even tried by replacing motherboard.

I faced many of this keyboard problems with same models  at least 3 or 4 laptops

Any clues?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Many thanks for reply,

I have solved the problem by replacing function board switches ( wireless, mute button). Took long to find it out.

any way refference for future

thanks

Rajish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

1st step - test an external keyboard, to see if it follows the OS, or the internal keyboard itself.

If the issue does not occur with an external keyboard, Drivers and OS can be ruled out.

Follow the steps starting on page 75 for removal of keybaord, in the maintenance and service guide, found here:
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5405392&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04...

After keyboard removal, check for any cuts or tears along the keyboard cable. 

Upon reassembly, ensure that the keyboard cable is properly seated within the ZIF connector on the system board.

After reassembly, if the keyboard issue still exists, I would recommend replacing the keyboard again.

I work for HP.

***If my post helped, click the purple thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
HP Recommended

Many thanks for reply,

I have solved the problem by replacing function board switches ( wireless, mute button). Took long to find it out.

any way refference for future

thanks

Rajish

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.