Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried running as an Admin, it simply won't extract this cab. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You run it by restarting the PC, press the Esc key to get the menu of options. 

Select the F2 diagnostics option to run the available tests. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if using the free 7-zip file utility allows you to extract the exe file into its folder.

Install 7-zip.  The 64 bit file is the second one listed at the top of the page.

7-Zip

Right click on the sp112854.exe file you downloaded, and select 7-Zip from the list of items on the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to:  and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp112854).

Once that is done, open the folder.

Double click to run the setup file inside the folder and see if it works that way.

If not, I recommend that you  report the bug to the HP executive team at the link below, since this is a peer to peer forum.

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Thanks. 

I tried unzipping it.  Received the following message:

WinZip was able to extract only part of the file because it contains invalid or missing data.

Would you like to unzip the partial file?

Which I answered Yes to. It created a file called:  CORRUPT.setup.exe.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Now this is strange...

The first time I used 7-Zip, it created the folder out of the  sp112854.exe with no problem, but I downloaded the file directly from the HP ftp site using internet explorer.

I ran the setup application inside the folder, and it was going to install the HP hardware diagnostics program, but since I ran int on a Dell PC, I canceled the installation and deleted the file.

Now when I go through the process again, downloading the file from your notebook's support page, I got a checksum error, and when I clicked on the setup information file inside the folder, I got an error that stated in substance...error reading the file.

I don't understand why the file worked fine the first time and then failed the second time.

See if you can just download and run the file which is directly from the HP ftp site.

I just did it again directly from the file on the ftp site and it worked just fine.  No errors.

You will need to download the file using Internet explorer....

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112854.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I was able to ftp it with IE.  It installed, but I can't find it to run.  Do you know where it's located?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You run it by restarting the PC, press the Esc key to get the menu of options. 

Select the F2 diagnostics option to run the available tests. 

HP Recommended

Thanks again,  It's working now,

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.