Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
probook 445 G7

Hi everyone, I realize that this is not necessarily the best venue for my question but by now  I have no one to turn to. I am not asking a question about technical support, I am looking for a phone number or an email address for HP's international operations as well as for a number and an email address for HP in Russia.

I bought an HP Probook 445 G7 notebook  from Ozon (www.ozon.ru), a major, now publicly traded, online retailer in Russia.  According to specifications the item, as sold,  is an HP ProBook 445 G7, AMD Ryzen 3 4300U (2.7 GHZ), RAM 16  GB,  SSD 512 GB , AMD Radeon Vega 5, equipped with Windows 10 Pro, (2V0G8ES).  The seller is Ozon itself  and the supplier is Hewlett Packard.  Ozon claims (or rather its anonymous bot claims) that the HP is responsible since they are in possession of a certificate proving that the product complies with the specifications. I have not seen the certificate and cannot confirm the veracity of its alleged existence.  As I unpacked the laptop- or actually my 14 year old son did it as he was supposed to get his own computer - so as we unpacked it and turned the thing on, we'd discovered that there is no Windows 10 Pro on it. In fact the notebook came with DOS. My kid is unfamiliar with DOS and it was he who summoned me to his aid as he had no idea what is this black screen about. I became curious as to how genuine the HP specs are and so I got into the BIOS. To my astonishment I've discovered that instead of 16GB of RAM it has only 4GB, and that instead of a 512 SSD drive the unit came with a tiny 128 GB drive.  I have no idea what other surprises the machine keeps in store for its victims but frankly I see this situation a scandal. I am sure that they've sold dozens if not hundreds of those units to pefectly unsuspecting victims. Most computer illiterate folks would be just stuck with those laptops or, after haggling online with brainless automata and trying to get through their non-existent customer service bots, they would simply give up and decide to keep the things.  Since the supplier is HP (or its direct Russian subcontractor, allegedly this is HP itself), it is obvious that HP reputation is being harmed in a significant way. Of course nothing can harm Ozon's reputation but that would be a different story altogether. Although HP  computers are sold through their website customers cannot leave a review about this particular "purchase" (if the act of being defrauded can be described as "purchase") - or they can but Ozon won't publish them. I guess they'd go bankrupt if they allow honest reviews of the products they peddle. I got duped because I was unaware, until now at least, that  HP specifications, at least as presented by HP Russia and its authorized agents,  is  a pure fiction and  that there is vast difference between what is written on your spec sheet and what you get in the box. I checked out the serial number and by some trickery and effort I found out that the item had been made and sold by HP (I got it on December 2) and it has eight months of manufacturers warranty left. So it is not a counterfeited item or  knock off but the 'real thing." I'd appreciate any assistance with this. It is obvious that tens if not hundreds of possibly unsuspecting victims are  involved and that the situation  should be addressed  but I have no idea to whom should I turn to, and how do I get  email addresses or a phone number for HP's international operations or how do I find someone, hopefully someone human, from HP here in Russia. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fledermausi 

The HP Probook 445 G7 is a series of MANY different machines with many options/configurations/combinations. Page 2 of the following document shows you what your machine can have from CPU to display .... :

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA7-6752ENUC.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for  reaction.  I am perfectly aware that HP computers come in different flavors and that this particular model is being offered with different specifications, there is one advertised with a faster CPU and  32 GB RAM.  In my case (and I assume in the case of dozens and possibly hundreds of individuals),  what was advertised and stated on the specification sheet differed greatly from what came in the box.  Perhaps this was a screw-up at  the HP's China factory, and they shipped wrong computers (or rather visually identical computers but with a different, inferior specification)  but I can't find that out unless I figure out a way to get in touch with HP officials. I am now trying to find a way of contacting the HP and I might even have made some progress. Once again, thank you for your answer and your time. 

HP Recommended

Hello

mny opinios is that Ozon.ru at link Ноутбук 14" HP ProBook 445 G7, светло-серый купить по низкой цене: отзывы, фото, характеристики в ин... made a big mistake as on another russian site HP ProBook 445 G7 (445G7 2V0G8ES) – купить ноутбук, сравнение цен интернет-магазинов: фото, характер... you get the right configuration description.

I guess you should try to send back to 445 G7 to ozon abd be 100% refunded .

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.