Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Another thought is that the front fan is also the additional guides for the full length video cards.

The fan & guide is easy to install. Just remove the video card, install the fan, plug in the connector, and reinstall the video card.

I completely agree about the systems being very efficient and not getting very hot but huge renderings can get the fans speeding up even in an air conditioned office. Most of the time it is barely moving and makes no noticeable extra noise.

HP Recommended

Thanks for asking the question and dealing with the snarky responses. I purchased the Z2 G4 (PN 8JF95UT), which didn't come with the front chassis fan nor did it come with a GPU because I was focusing on CPU performance and figured I could add the GPU myself. I purchased Quadro P4000's (PN 1ME40AT) before ever booting the Z2 up and got the chassis fan error on boot. I wasn't sure if it was a build issue so my search led me here. It's disappointing that my VAR didn't mention the need for the fan but he's really more of a server and laptop guy versus a workstation guy. I guess I'll just need to order some fans to add to the workstations to make them "whole."

HP Recommended

Well, someone had to do it! hahaha

Yeah what makes this worse is, I had the same thought process with it. We look after a CAD/CAM company and supply these machines all day long, exact same spec and have never had an issue with the Z2/P4000 combo until the updated Z2's came out. We've made customers aware of it but told them it makes no functional difference aside from around 4 seconds added to their boot times, which on those machine, isn't make a break. We give them the option for the fans but most of them don't care, because it's £40 extra on top of a system they've already bought for a daft amount of money. Should also be mentioned that you can't fit your own fans, either, due to stupid sizing and mounting holes etc. Lovely!

HP Recommended

Did not have this error until updating to latest bios 1.06.02 and 1.06.03. Rolled back to 1.01.08 and error is gone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.