Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-27-2021 11:45 PM
Hello every body
My pc Stop work after i replace battery and pressing the bios button (CMOS) yellow button ) on the motherboard, after click power button Nothing happens, just a black screen, and this is a 10 second video https://youtu.be/_Rhx2VqK1CM Explanation of the problem, and there is a loud sound coming from the CPU and power fan.
07-28-2021 07:20 AM - edited 07-28-2021 07:52 AM
When discussing problems, it will help to list the model of the system, the form factor (the type of case ,which appears to be a small form factor) , and operating system.
1. Check once more that the replacement battery is the correct one
2. Unplug the system
3. Remove the battery
4. Press the power button. This will help to discharge remaining power. If there is a little flash on the power button light or a clicking sound, that will show that there was a bit left in the capacitors.
5. Leave the system unplugged and without the battery for about two hours
_A. Considering using some of the time to: clean out any dust inside the case and
_B. Check that the memory and cards are properly seated in their slots, plus
_C. Check that all drives are properly connected
6. Replace the battery (and make sure the lettering on the visible side
7. Plug in the system
8. Try starting.
We will hope that the problem is the simple one.
If the above does not work, the BIOS will need to be reflashed. This is not complicated to do, but must be done carefully:
1. Find and copy the proper BIOS file from HP support, entering the model number.
2. Extract and load the BIOS *.bin file in the root directory of a sub-1GB USB partition formatted to FAT32.
3. Disconnect all internal drives
4. Place the SB drive in a rear USB 2.0 port.
5. Start the system, and on the startup window, select "Flash BIOS" or whatever terminology is relevant. Be patient- don't touch any key.
Let us know what happens.
HP z620_2 (2017) (R10) > Xeon E5-1650 v2 (6C@ 4.6GHz) / z420 Liquid Cooling / 64GB (HP/Samsung 8X 8GB DDR3-1866 ECC registered) /GTX 1070 Ti 8GB / Samsung SM951 M.2 512GB AHCI + Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB + HP/HGST Enterprise 6TB / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 sound interface + 2X Mackie MR824 / 825W PSU / Windows 7 Prof.’l 64-bit (HP OEM) > 2X Dell Ultrasharp U2715H (2560 X 1440)
[ Passmark Rating = 6412 / CPU rating = 16282 / 2D = 845 / 3D= 13735 / Mem = 3107 / Disk = 14614 / Single Thread Mark = 2550 [7.3.21]
HP z420_3: (2015) (R12) Xeon E5-1650 v2 (6C@ 4.6GHz) / z420 Liquid cooling / 64GB (HP/Samsung 8X 8GB DDR3-1866 ECC registered) / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/ Samsung SM951 M.2 256GB AHCI + Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + HGST 7K6000 4TB / ASUS Essence STX + Logitech z2300 2.1 / 600W PSU > Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (HP OEM ) > Samsung 40" 4K
[Passmark System Rating: = 6186 CPU = 15844 / 2D = 819 / 3D = 11216 / Mem = 3047 Disk = 13905 /Single Thread Mark = 2525 [7.3.21]
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community