Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T520 Thin Client
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

This is my first post in the community.

I have bought 6 HP 520 Thin clients and I already have 2 of them setup for NVR purposes.
They are really nice little machines and the speed is excellent for my needs.

Now for my case/question.

I want to use them as NVR systems for my clients, however... if I boot them without keyboard or monitor connected I get 6 red beeps and this continues during boot. If I connect a monitor and keyboard I have no issues whatsover and the system boots up as it's supposed to do.

I've looked in the bios and tried different settings but still no go.

If there is a power faillure and I boot the systems up again I always have to make sure that the Thin Clients are connected to a monitor and keyboard which is not really an option since I want to keep things light 😉

Is there any workaround for my issue?

Br,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Which BIOS Version are you using? 

Without a keyboard the thin client shows an error but boots. Without any monitor attached the thin client will beep. 

I think HP/AMD did change the BIOS behavior of non-attached monitors with a newer BIOS Version but not sure.  Otherwise a case with HP needs to be opened. 

Latest BIOS Version 1.12: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-t520-flexible-thin-client/6875920/swIt... 

HP Recommended

Hi MayRob2,

Thanks for your answer. I'm already using the latest firmware at the moment.
After some searching on the internet I found out that there are VGA, HDMI, DVI dongles available that will let your thin client think that there is a monitor connected with a high resolution 1920 x 1080. 
Which is perfect to use when using teamviewer to login remotely.

I will report back with my findings 😉

Many thanks and cheers,

Steve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.