2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Can Virtual Machine be enabled on Z210?

HP Recommended
Z210 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am trying to use Genymotion Android emulators which use Oracle Virtual Box technology. When I attempt to start an Android emulator (in Genymotion) , I get a message to the effect that VM-X is disabled in the BIOS and therefore Virtual Box cant startup. My Z210 dates back to 2012.

Has anyone seen this problem and knows what it is about, and more importantly, how to disable the Virtual Machine blockage? Does it have anything to do with the hyperthreading being disabled?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DGroves
Level 11
4,700 4,674 442 994
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the z210 may not support this feature (i do not see  vm-x in the service manual) if it is available it is activated from the bios, follow the directions posted in the link below

https://support.hp.com/id-en/product/hp-z1-workstation/5230510/document/c04760917/

you can also try the HP 

BiosConfigUtility  for your model workstation, check the drivers page for the z210

this util may allow you to enable it via a config file, even if not shown in the bios

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
DGroves
Level 11
4,700 4,674 442 994
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the z210 may not support this feature (i do not see  vm-x in the service manual) if it is available it is activated from the bios, follow the directions posted in the link below

https://support.hp.com/id-en/product/hp-z1-workstation/5230510/document/c04760917/

you can also try the HP 

BiosConfigUtility  for your model workstation, check the drivers page for the z210

this util may allow you to enable it via a config file, even if not shown in the bios

View solution in original post

RECW
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Z210 does indeed have the VTX security feature under the Systems Security folder in the BIOS. The article referred to has an error in the text (is says look under the USB Security) but the screen shots are accurate. Thanks for your help.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation