Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T430 Thinpro
Other

We recently stood up a new Horizon Environment next to our old setup which required us to create a new connection URL. I know i can push this URL via HPDM but i need to change ONLY the server URL. 

So, is it possible to change just the connection server while leaving the Username and Password intact? I have tried a few different ways and it always clears out my username/password which is a problem as we have a lot of thinclients through various locations. Would be nice if we didn't have to touch each of the hundreds of clients manually.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you know where the URL is stored, like in a registry entry or file, then a File & Registry task might help.  You can refer to https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-Client-for-Windows/4.6/com.vmware.horizon.windows-client-4...

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
HP Recommended

All of our clients are HP Thinclients, mainly T430s. Some older models as well. I have tried to change it via their registry as well but each thinclient has a unique UUID string in the key above where the server URL is stored. If i could figure out how to wildcard that UUID maybe it would work.

Here is the string on the thinclients that holds the server URL.

<RegItem Key="root/ConnectionType/view/connections/<UUID>" ValueData="SERVER URL" Type="string" Action="add" Name="server" SN="" ErrorCode="0"/>

HP Recommended

I think you are in the right direction.  However, I don't have an answer to the wildcard question.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.