Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_Tikkanen

HP Recommended

Hi again @Paul_Tikkanen,

Firstly let me apologise that I have not yet had a chance to perform that download and install.

Also thank you to the other posters for your input.

Just to clarify a few points:

The model in question is indeed very small and compact and is VERY quiet. Graphics are not great, but the model is what it is and I am sure is ideally suited for purpose in the correct environment.

Just to reiterate my client is elderly, in her late 70s and works part time for a non profit organisation. She purchased the T630 through a business supply company that the non-profit company uses. She read the write up on their website and thought that she was getting a good deal. I wish she had consulted me before the purchase and I could have given her some assistance, but she didn't. The supply company will not take it back or do an exchange, so we are where we are.

I fully appreciate that this model is not fit for home use, but that is not its intended purpose.

I will update as soon as I have anything further.

HP Recommended

Hi, Which OS, WES7e or Win10IoT ?

Login to TC as Admin/Admin (Win10) or Administrator/Administrator (Wes7)

Go to Control Panel

Disable HP Write Manager (the padlock in the task bar should turn from green to yellow)

reboot

login as Admin (padlock should be red) = write filter is now off

go to Start | Run | enter gpedit.msc

Go to “Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Removable Storage Access

and there you should find 2 entries starting with "Removable Disks""

These need to set to allow access

HP Recommended

Thank you @K-Garrett.
Situation is now sorted anyway as I managed to persuade her that she was going to have many more difficulties down the line and luckily for her she has a nephew with a business and a server and his is prepared to buy the thin client off her. She has no purchased a much more acceptable desktop (with HDD) for home use.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread it is VERY much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.