Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800G1 mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to determine if the EliteDesk 800 G1, G2 and/or G3 desktops in the mini form factor have TPM modules.  I was looking over specs on line but can't seem to find a reference to it, so I'm not sure if that's because they don't have it or if it is just an over sight.

Any idea how I can find this out?  Is there somewhere in the system that would show me?  Most of these systems are still running Windows 7, if that matters for the answer.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the PC has a TPM chip, there will be a Security Devices device manager category.

If you see the Security Devices category in the device manager, click on that and it should show you the TPM device listed there and most likely it will be version 1.2 or 2.0.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the PC has a TPM chip, there will be a Security Devices device manager category.

If you see the Security Devices category in the device manager, click on that and it should show you the TPM device listed there and most likely it will be version 1.2 or 2.0.

HP Recommended

Oh, that was easy.  Unfortunately the G2s appear to have version 1.2, so that won't work for my purposes.  I was hoping to upgrade them to Windows 10 using Intune Autopilot.  But Autopilot requires TPM 2.0.  So I'm guessing that puts the G1s out too.

Thanks for the tip, Paul!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.