Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-28-2022 06:42 PM - edited 03-28-2022 06:50 PM
Hi has anyone had any dealings with a non-working HP MSR after formatting and reinstalling Windows.
The ap5000 computer had Windows 7. I reformatted and reloaded 7. The MSR didn't work. I tried each of the items in the HP MSR download site. So I installed Windows 10 and tried that. Still is not working.
I should mention that these MSR's are the original "integrated" SERIAL connections. They're NOT aftermarket with a USB connection
If you had any luck configuring, In the HP Pos-Software (MSR 11) downloads, which one worked for you and would you mind sharing your install procedure?
For the life of me, why are there so many drivers etc for the MSR? lol
03-29-2022 12:13 PM - edited 03-29-2022 12:13 PM
the Mag Stripe Reader (MSR) is integrated into this system and should default to com 4
have you restored using the HP image? if not then you will be lacking some software and default configuration settings
- From F10 Setup, select Advanced > Super I/O Configuration.
- Verify the settings for the MSR Port.
- To test MSR functionality, access the HP ap5000 MSR Windows Test Utility from Start > HP Point of Sale Information > MSR for ap5000 > Windows Test Utility > HP ap5000 MSR Windows Test Utility.
- Select the COM port from the drop-down box or keep the default option of “Auto” which will search for the ap5000 MSR device. Click on the Test Mode button to start the test.
- When the “Test Mode” has been selected the COM port will appear and in the GUI title bar “(Test Mode)” will appear. At this point when one swipes a card in the ap5000 MSR, the data will appear in the test utility.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community