Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Model: XL510AV HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello Everyone.

I am looking for help to figure out how to change BIOS to boot from the USB drive instead of the default, which starts the pc with Windows 10 32 bit on the hard driver.  The USB has Windows 10 64 install media, so booting from the USB should provide me with the option to do a clean install of Windows 10 64bit.

1) Here are the options I see in the BIOS menu, after I click  EST key while the PC is starting;

-- STARTUP MENU --

- Diagnostics (F2)

- Boot Menu (F9)

- Computer Setup (F10)

- Network Boot (F12)

- Utilities

- Run UEFI Application...

2) I click on F9 and screen like this is shown;  

>>EFI Boot Sources

Legacy Boot Sources

ATAPI CD/DVD Drive

SATA2

Hard Drive

SATA0

IBA GE Slot 00C8 v1381

Up arrow and down arrow, move to selection

ENTER to select boot device

EST to boot using defaults

It seems no matter what I try I can't get it to boot from the USB.   

I would very much appreciate your help.

If there is no way to do this with this bios is there a way to update to different version of BIOS to get the option to boot from USB?

Thank You

Jaroslaw

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

you will not see a USB boot entry in the bios, until you insert a usb key then reboot an enter the bios

you will now see the entry's for the usb key in both UEFI and legacy bios sections

note that your current boot options show that you have the boot drive connected to the usb-1 port instead of usb-0 this should be reversed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.