Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
T530
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hey guys, I have a bit of a weird situation that I could use some help with. We use the HP device manager to image our thin clients and recently upgraded from a physical machine to a virtual box. It's been working great, except for this one situation. 

First a tiny bit of network setup

My desk - 10.171

Workbenches -10.132

Server - 10.170

If I plug in a T520 at either my desk or on our workbenches, I can search for an find the device with no issues and can image and do everyting else. However, if I plug a brand new T530 at my desk, it can't be found. If I plug it in at our workbenches, however, it can be discovered. If I take one that was already imaged and plug it in at my desk, it also can be discovered. So it seems to only affect brand new T530s. We don't have any brand new T520s for me to test, so unsure if that would matter. We are waiting on a new MT44 to arrive and maybe it will be the same with that model, but not sure. 

Any thoughts here? I'm guessing it's something related to the setup of the software, but it can find other devices on my 10.171 network, so that kind of rules out a firewall or HPDM gateway port issue. 

I can confirm the HP device management agent is running on the computer, which makes sense because it works on my 10.132 network. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So while I was posting this, I was imaging the device to the latest HP image. That happened to be exactly the same image that was already on the device, so it's not like it was a different version. But that seems to have done the trick, because as soon as it was on the desktop, I was able to discover the device and push my image down. I don't remember having this problem before, so wondering if we got a bad batch of devices from HP or something.

It doesn't just happen to this device, but on at least 2 others I have tested. They actually come from CDW, so who knows what batch it was from as we only order a few at a time when needed. Just curious if anyone else has run into this problem or something else for me to troubleshoot so I don't have to image a device from USB drive before being able to image at my desk. Unfortunately our workbenches are shared with another team and it's not always feasible for me to carve out space in that room to image a device. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.