Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite Slice
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I think the question was already put in here, but I'd like to know if there are any rumors/plans on a refresh of the HP Elite Slice?

So like a G3 with either an 8th/9th/10th gen Intel series processor.

From news perspective, it was like pretty quiet, just the meeting solution with Pad, mic etc for collaboration is written about, but even that has just technical specs of the G2, and the CPU here is most often "just" some i5-7500T, even most likely enough for the use case.

I am more into this using as Home Office or even Business PC.
I know the other mini series of HP but like the design and pro here way more.

Is the regular unit discontinued? I even rarely see them sold nowadays.
Already some successor or new line/brand available?

Also, how about cross compatibility and the difference of G1, G2 and G2 for Meeting Rooms?
Next to Chipset and CPU, is there any visual or other (chassis size, connectors etc) difference between those ? 
Are all Modules compatible to each Base Unit?
Is some CPU Upgrade even possible (6th ->7th gen)?

I hope all is clear and would be happy to receive some responses.
Would understand the decision to focus on meeting solution for this one, but sad for me still.
Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I know above are a lot of questions, even if you dont have all info, i would be happy to get some atleast a response at all.
Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.