Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 G1 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this pc for a while, and it's served it's purpose. However the graphics capability isn't what I'd like it to be, and I would like to upgrade it. I've seen some people upgrade other parts of this computer, but I can't seem to get any resources about whether or not it's possible to upgrade the graphics card. Just wondering if anyone has anything they know that could possibly help me out. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

SerenityHi,

There are 9X HP EliteOne 800 AiO systems listed in Passmark Performance test Results. All the test results show the 2D and 3D performance from integrated graphics. That means the graphics processor is built in to the main processor. It's  as close  as possible to certain that that this format system does not have the space for a separate graphics card. 

If so, the only way to improve the graphics performance is to change the processor whihc will also change the graphics chip .  The one to look for will be the latest model that work in that series and have the highest clock speed- the GHz number

The best 3D performance is a G2 using the i7-6700 (4-core @ 3.4 /4.0GHz)with Intel HD520 IG (Integrated Graphics) with a 2D = 784 and 3D=1185. However that is an 800 G2.  The best  3D in a G1 is 794 using an i7-4770S 4-core @ 3.0GHz. .

Of course, these performance figures are meaningless without referenced but I might say that even the highest rated G1 would be quite limited for work in 3D, but possibly reasonably good for 2D photo editing and graphic design.

Much depends on the applications used, but if the performance is not satisfactory, the upgrade path for substantial improvement means changing to a desktop, tower system with a discrete graphics card and a power supply preferably over 450W. 

Even a quite old desktop that can add a discrete graphics card,  can have a fairly good 3D, for example:

Dell Precision 390 (2007) (R9_T2): Xeon X3230 (4C@ 2.67GHz) / 8 GB DDR2-667 ECC / Quadro K2200 4GB / Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Creative Audigy 2ZS S/C > Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
[ Passmark PT9: Rating = 1964 / CPU = 3402 / 2D= 398 / 3D=3300 / Mem= 845 / Disk= 2691] [STM= 1021] 12.3.20

What is the processor in the subject EliteOne 800 AiO, what applications are being used, and what is the budget for upgrading?

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

you don't list the revision (G1 G2 G3)

however the HP site shows the G! revision uses a optional MXM 3.0 card, AMD Radeon HD 7650A which will give moderately better performance than the intel integrated graphics

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-hd-7650a.c1694

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03844827#AbT2

other AMD MXM or possibly nVidia based MXM cards might work, however this is hit or miss as the bios may only have support for the 7650 card

HP Recommended

DGroves,

1.  The header of the original post:

"HP EliteOne 800 AiO Graphics Card Upgrade

HP EliteOne 800 G1 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)"

2.  From the manual in your link:

"Graphics

Intel HD Graphics
Specification         Description
VGA Controller      Integrated Graphics"

4.  The AMD Radeon HD 7650A Spec:

"Being a mxm module card, its power draw is rated at 33 W maximum. This device has no display connectivity, as it is not designed to have monitors connected to it. Rather it is intended for use in laptop/notebooks and will use the output of the host mobile device. "

5. The HP EliteOne 800 G1 All In One system board:

HP EliteOne 800 G1_system board_3.18.21.jpg
Which does not include any PCIe slot.

Otherwise, a very useful reply.

BambiBoomZ
HP Recommended

click on the HP quickspecs link, (shows the 800 G1 model)

move down to the GRAPHICS SECTION, first part shows intel embedded graphics, just below that it shows AMD MXM card specs

here's a ebay link to the 800 G1 motherboard look at the top left, note the MXM slot

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteOne-800-G1-AIO-All-in-one-Motherboard-739680-001-739680-501-739680-...

here's a HP forum post where the poster mentions upgrading the MXM card on his 800 G1

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-800-G1-usdt-mxm-graphics-car...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.