Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant notified me of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows and I installed this software. When I run it, it says System not supported. I have a HP Z640 and Windows 10 64 bit with nothing unusual about it.

Why is the system unsupported? Why did HP notify me that I should install it? Should I uninstall it? Is there a way to get it working?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

there are two releases of this program, did you download the (UEFI) version? (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI )

or the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl...

both do the same thing but one is pre windows and the other runs within windows

also whichever you downloaded was it the latest release? if not download from the link above

HP Recommended

The help request title is HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows - this is the version that I was provided from the HP support assistant tool. I would imagine that it provided a link to the latest version.

Is there anyone from HP that can tell me what has happened and why?

HP Recommended

when asking for help, i personally would rather be sure that a program was the latest, i would take the time to check instead of "imagine that it provided a link to the latest version"  checking that hp has not made a mistake and linked the wrong or a older file in their support program is not hard, and takes very little time, however it's your system so you have the right to try to fix it in any mannor you so choose

HP Recommended

Your quite correct, HP did not make a mistake and the link was to the latest revision of the software. It still does not work.

I've run the application in administrator mode, etc. but no luck.

Is there someone from HP looking at this list that can provide a reason why it does not work?

HP Recommended

have you actually uninstalled and reinstalled using the link i provided?

try the UEFI (DOS) version, it's possible the windows version is not supported under win 10  but this is unlikely

HP Recommended

DGroves, thank you for your help, but please move on. My computer is not something that you can use for experiments.

If I cannot find someone from HP here, I will contact HP support in the new year.

HP Recommended

I hope that when you contact HP and they also ask you to do troubleshooting steps that you do not rudely reply to them that

"My computer is not something that you can use for experiments."

as you have to me

HP Recommended

DGraves, you do not realise that you're being unhelpful, and have spammed my original request for help.

If you read your messages, you will see that you failed to read the title, and asked what software I installed, implied that HP are incompetent and that they would send out a link through HP support assistant to an old version of the software, decided that I should install a different software application, as I should give up trying to find out why the software that HP sent out that indicated it works with windows 10 64 bit and HP machines.

Do you realise that you've been quite rude to me and HP staff from the beginning of your replies? Now your spamming my message, I will need to start again to see if anyone has had a similar problem and knows what the solution is.

Please help someone else DGroves.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.