Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Proliant DL380P G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a 2014 HP Proliant DL380P Server, and would like to install windows on it. I am new to HP servers so I just started by resetting the bios. Using F11 I booted to my install USB, but the SSD I inserted in the front is apparently not able to be installed too. The installer just says “windows cannot be installed on this drive”. So, using another computer, I installed windows on the SSD. The server still won’t boot to the drive, I just see a message saying that it has detected a non-verified logical boot drive and that I should run some sort of setup program. Can anyone tell me how to get the server to boot from this drive? Thanks. (I have also reset the iLo settings). 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP split into two companies back in 2014.

HP supports PC's, printers, tablets and calculators.

HP Enterprise (HPE) supports servers, switches, routers and enterprise storage devices.

You may want to post your question on the HPE Community Support Forum -- Proliant servers section...

ProLiant Servers – ML, DL, SL Forum | HPE Blogs, Discussions and Forums Community

HP Recommended

Ok thanks, posted there too.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.