Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP T620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey Guys, 

After installing the newest Win10IoT image for HP T620 14WWFTDJ601 English (Sept 2017) - "14WWFTDJ601_ABA_110717.ibr", disabling write filter and setting up Admin account for autologon in HP Logon Manager the Disk usage goes up to 100% and stays there forever.

I have checked this with Disk Activity in Resource Monitor and using Sysinternals Process Explorer but I could not see any disk usage issues with these tools.

Current HP Write Manager version is 1.0.17 but i have tried to update this to version 1.6.5 and 1.6.8 - still the same issue with 100% disk usage in Task Manager.

Using HP620 image '14WWFTCJ601' with the built-in "legacy" HP Unified Write Filter (version 3.0.1)  there is no issue with 100% Disk usage in Task manager but when i upgrade Write Filter to version 1.6.8 and reboot the PC after the next login the 100% Disk usage issue came up after 2 minutes and stays at this level continuously.

WriteFilterIssue.png

Thank you for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi again,

I have deployed Windows10IoT Image 16WWFTCJ602 English (Sept 2017) on a HP T630 Thin client with HP ThinUpdate (from USB drive) and after i disabled write filter and logged in as local 'Admin' i experienced completely the same Disk 100% usage issue in Task Manager.

So as it looks both latest image for HP T620 and T630 Thin clients have some issues with Task manager - or a bug in Task manager.

Could you please help me fixing this issue?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

A year later, and I see the same issue with HP_OS_Field_Upg_Win10_t620_image_L13573-001.ibr

I found that disabling the HP Disk Cache makes the task manager NOT show 100% disk utilization--it drops to 0 (or whatever is really going on).

Not sure if that does more harm than good, and it is just a cosmetic issue with the task manager that we can ignore.

...jack

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.