Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
Z240

my HP Workstation Z240 doesn't start anymore.

When I press the power buttorn the motherboard turns on and the CPU fan starts, but after 60 seconds it seems to turn off and restart.

Could you help me please?

Thank you

Max

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Specifi_Max,

There are some possibilities to eliminate first:

1.   A memory problem:  A failed or incompatible module    > It seeems there should be an error message or red light /beeping. > Try starting the system on one RAM module at a time. If it starts, try each module to

2.  Thermal shupdown:  Is there a possibiloity that any internal fans are disconneced?   > Check all fan connections

3.  Corrupted BIOS :  Has the BIOS been upgraded or settings - e.g., disk mode- altered recently?

Other possibilities are that the disk is not recognized or a power supply problem.

Start with some of the usual suspects and let us know what happens.

BambiBoomZ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.