Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was having some issues with the wireless on this computer randomly stopping.  So, I downloaded the HP Troubleshooting software which said the system could use a BIOS update.  I ran it and the computer tried rebooting and has been stuck now for a couple hours.  

Any advice what to do?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did the original BIOS update that failed from the PC Hardware Diagnostics tool.  My HP laptop has PC Support Assistant on it.  For some reason this Workstation did not come with this software installed.  So, I looked on this site for that software, found it, downloaded and installed.  Then I ran that software to tell me what updates were required and BIOS update was one of the recommended updates.  I then ran the BIOS update from the PC Support Assistant software and it completed.  

I guess no one uses this forum anymore because I waited several days and got no response.  I'll leave this note for anyone else who has a problem in the future.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I bit the bullet, held my breath, and killed the power.  Thank God the computer rebooted.  However, the BIOS update did not happen.  I am now reluctant to try again.  

What is the learned opinion here?  Is it worth doing?  HP says it is a critical update though I have no idea why. 

HP Recommended

I did the original BIOS update that failed from the PC Hardware Diagnostics tool.  My HP laptop has PC Support Assistant on it.  For some reason this Workstation did not come with this software installed.  So, I looked on this site for that software, found it, downloaded and installed.  Then I ran that software to tell me what updates were required and BIOS update was one of the recommended updates.  I then ran the BIOS update from the PC Support Assistant software and it completed.  

I guess no one uses this forum anymore because I waited several days and got no response.  I'll leave this note for anyone else who has a problem in the future.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.